The Nigeria army spokesman Colonel Sani Usman said late yesterday Thursday that soldiers are missing after a Boko Haram attacks in Gudumbali and Kareto in Borno State have rejoined their units.
Earlier on Thursday, media reports said some 105 soldiers went missing in action after they engaged Boko Haram terrorists.
Usman’s statement described the incident as a slight setback for the Nigerian troops operating in the Northern Borno State towns of Gudumbali and Kareto, saying, the situation was being stabilized.
He added that “The troops have re-joined their units for further action.”
He said: “earlier media reports were exaggerated. The CO (Commanding Officer) is currently with his soldiers.”